– Rep. Aaron Bernstine (R-Beaver/Butler/Lawrence) today announced the Continuity of Education Equity Grant (CEEG) has been awarded to school districts and Career and Technical Schools in the 10th District for the 2020-21 academic year.
“These grants may be used to purchase computer equipment, such as laptops, tablets and internet hot spots, or used to provide instruction materials, such as paper lessons and coursework,” said Bernstine. “Schools with the highest percentages of students lacking access to resources were given priority in receiving these grants.”
Those receiving grants in the 10th District include:
• Ellwood City Area School District - $8,590.
• Butler County Area Vocational-Technical School - $91,853.
• Beaver County Career and Technical Center - $119,044.
• Mohawk Area School District - $33,000.
• Riverside Beaver County School District - $28,000.
• Lawrence County Career and Technical Center - $20,300.
CEEG grants are designed to help provide access and inclusion for all learners by bridging the gap for students who are currently limited in the ability to participate in continuity of education.
“I am glad to see these funds are being made available to our schools, and I hope that they will help to provide a safe, healthy learning environment for our children during the coming school year.” said Bernstine. “It is imperative that our children have the best tools to learn, and our teachers need the best tools to instruct.”
Questions about this or any legislative issues may be directed to Bernstine’s office at 724-752-2120 or his website RepBernstine.com
Representative Aaron Bernstine
10th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)