HARRISBURG – Grant funding will be coming to several first responder companies in the 8th District under a program administered by the Office of the State Fire Commissioner (OSFC) within the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA), according to Rep. Aaron Bernstine (R-Butler/Lawrence).
Every emergency service organization that completes the application process receives funding. Projects eligible for funding include: construction or renovation of a fire or ambulance company facility, purchase or repair of equipment, training, or reduction of existing debt.
“First responders are heroes because they put their own lives on the line to protect people and property,” said Bernstine. “Our local fire and Emergency Management Service (EMS) personnel are dedicated to keeping all of us safe. Their efforts and cooperation are unmatched.”
Grants awarded within the 8th District are:
• Middlesex Township Volunteer Fire Company - $12,353.
• Penn Township Volunteer Fire Department - $13,335.
• Portersville Muddy Creek Volunteer EMS - $10,000.
• Portersville Muddy Creek Volunteer Fire Department - $12,598.
• Prospect Volunteer Fire Department - $12,598.
• Unionville Volunteer Fire Company - $14,563.
• West Sunbury Fire Department - $14,318.
• Borough of Ellwood City Fire Department - $13,335.
• Ellwood City Volunteer Fire Department - $13,335.
• New Beaver Borough Volunteer Fire Department - $12,353.
• Scott Township Volunteer Fire Department - $13,581.
• Slippery Rock Township Volunteer Fire Department - $12,107.
• Wampum Volunteer Fire Department - $12,353.
• Wurtemburg Perry Township Volunteer Fire Department - $12,844.
The OSFC manages financial assistance programs for the state’s fire, ambulance and rescue organizations intended to help them improve and enhance their capabilities to provide firefighting, ambulance and rescue services.
Fire and ambulance companies are reminded that in order to receive their grants and retain their eligibility for the program, paperwork must be submitted back to the OSFC by the end of May.
Representative Aaron Bernstine
8th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)